Saturday, September 30, 2006

frijoles borrachos



if you're looking to make something spicy using pinto beans, here's a southwestern recipe for frijoles borrachos that will so hit the spot. it's so simple but you have to wait for half an hour or a little longer to get the flavours to simmer together. the beer and the cilantro and the jalapenos and the tomatoes are such a great combination. i had only one can of pinto beans in my pantry so i mixed it with another can of canneloni beans and it was just as yummy.

the drunken beans are a delicious accompaniment to baked rice with cheese and green chiles. i love brown rice and adore this recipe which uses ricotta, cheddar, lots of cilantro and jalapenos. just be careful not to bake too long as brown rice doesn't taste too good when it gets too brittle.

rice

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really liked the rice recipe, will definitely try it out lools!

1:42 pm  
Blogger lulu said...

do let me know how it turns out, rums. i really like it but h finds it a bit bland. use lots of green chillies if you like it spicy.

9:18 pm  
Blogger Ana Maria Vasconcellos said...

Hello Lulu,
I loved your blog.
I found it while looking for carasau bread photos. I was looking for an email to contact you, but found only the comments as a communication channel, I believe because of spammers, right?
I own a website http://www.all-about-italian-food.com and now I am building another one about Sardinia (I live here). I would like to ask you if you'd allow me to use your photos if I put a link to your blog or your name, as you prefer.

Thanks so much for your attention,
Ana

12:05 pm  
Blogger Ana Maria Vasconcellos said...

Don't consider my blog, as I left it aside to build the site...

Ana

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home